These crispy and flavorful fried chicken tenders are so good, it will be easily become a dinner time favorite. I love fried chicken and I’m a big fan of Southern food, so I make these tenders often and serve them with biscuits and honey. They are really easy to make and the “secret” to the crispy crust is some good ‘ol Ritz Crackers!
Stuff you need:
- 1 lb of chicken tenders
- 1 sleeve of original Ritz crackers
- 1 & 1/2 tbs of Soul Food Seasoning
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
Chef it up:
- In a large skillet, heat about 2 inches of oil to about 350 degrees
- Pour flour and eggs in 2 separate bowls
- Put the crackers in a gallon zip lock bag and crush using hands or rolling pin (crush to very small pieces but not too much where it is powdery)
- Add soul food seasoning and black pepper to bag and shake until well distributed
- Take your tenders, piece by piece, and roll in the flour, then dip into eggs, then place into the bag and shake until well coated in the cracker crumbs (you can shake about 3 pieces of chicken in the bag at a time)
- Fry 4 or 5 tenders at a time for about 4 or 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to soak up excess oil.
Serving suggestion: I like to bake up some Pillsbury Southern Style biscuits, cut them in half, spread some butter and drizzle honey in them and make a honey butter chicken sandwich with the tenders. Seriously, just do it and thank me later!