I’m kinda obsessed with the yummy flavors of Caprese salad and often make it as a snack for me and my husband. I even got my finicky 16 year old to love it as well. Recently, as I was contemplating what would be on our dinner menu that evening, I had a craving for Caprese and created my dinner around it. The result was a delicious, light yet filling dinner full of savory Italian flavors my family devoured.
Here’s all the stuff you need! (Easy to adjust ingredients depending on the amount of people you plan to serve.)
- Large tomato sliced
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil chopped
- Balsamic vinaigrette (I love Newman’s Own Honey Balsamic)
On a large serving dish alternate the sliced mozz cheese and tomato slices. Sprinkle the chopped basil over the top and drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette. Easy peasy!
Bread & Dipping Oil:
- Pillsbury French Loaf (obviously you can use any fresh bread you like)
- Flavored Olive Oil (you can buy garlic and other flavored olive oil at the grocery store or make your own by adding garlic and spices to plain olive oil and let it soak in the flavors for a few days at least.)
I always have Pillsbury bread loafs and biscuits in my fridge because they are so simple to make and there are so many things you can do with them! The french loaf bakes at 350 for about 25 min. You can pop it in the oven while you prepare the rest of your meal. Serve it on the same large dish as the Caprese with the dipping oil on the side.
Savory Italian chicken tenders:
- Olive oil for frying, about 2-3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Italian salad dressing
- chicken tenders (I used a pound for 3 people, adjust accordingly)
In a large non stick frying pan heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Sprinkle salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder over chicken tenders (to taste). Add chicken to hot oil and fry on each side for a few minutes. Pour Italian salad dressing over chicken and cover pan. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Serve on the same large dish as bread & Caprese.
Seriously, you will not believe how easy this dinner is to put together, or how much you and your fam will love it!